SDI Coffee Morning – Editing with Anthea Harvey
Join Anthea Harvey as she discusses her experience of being a freelance editor in Scotland and how to work from home.
About this Event
Anthea is an experienced freelance documentary and drama film/TV editor specialising in narrative, characters and long form.
Some of Anthea’s many credits and award nominations include:
- Grierson nominee – ‘The Parkinson’s Trial’ (BBC 2019)
- BAFTA nominee – ‘Plastic Man’ (SDI 2017)
- ‘Alan Cumming’s Edge of Scotland’ (STV 2017)
- ‘Borderline’ – short doc (SMHAFF 2016, Official selection: Palm Springs and Glasgow Short Film Festivals.
- BAFTA nominee – ‘My New Hair’ (STV/SDI)
Anthea will present a short overview of her career in Scotland and internationally, focusing on how many of her projects are carried out from home.
This will be followed by a Q&A with a chance for questions from attendees.
Following the public event, attendees have the option to enter into Breakout Rooms for informal networking, with a maximum of six people per room.
We plan to dedicate one Breakout Room for a discussion with Anthea restricted to six attendees on a first come, first served basis. If you’d like to ask questions in this more informal setting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details of what you’d like to discuss and we’ll organise this during the event.
- 10am – welcome and housekeeping
- 10.05 – 10.30 – Presentation from Anthea Harvey
- 10.30 – 10.50 – Q&A
- 10.50 – 11.30 – breakout rooms
PLEASE NOTE: The main presentation and Q&A will be recorded for distribution on Facebook/YouTube and as a podcast. Please feel free to remove your photo/video from the event and save any questions for the breakout rooms, which will not be recorded.
Once you’ve registered your interest here we’ll send you an invitation with a link to the Zoom meeting.
You might want to download Zoom for free to your smartphone, tablet or computer in advance of the meeting.
14 April 2020, 10.00AM - 01.00PM